Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a USB passkey dongle for a video editing software i use that stopped working abruptly the next day.
The USB Dongle has agreen indicator light that usually stays a solid color, but instead now it just flashes and computer does not detect it's connection.
USB does not connect nor does it show up in my devices under device manager.
I tried restarting computer.
I tried updating drivers from device manager, said they are all up to date.
I tried uninstalling all USB drivers and restarting my computer.
I tried downloading a new USB driver from HP's website for my device 5cd024jmp6 - but they only support up to windows 10 and my device is OS 11 so currently do not have the ability to do so.
My next step is trying a windows repair, currently waiting to download Win11 Disk Image to try file setup.

1) Any current internal fixes for similar issues would be great
2) HP if you could send me updated USB drivers that work for OS 11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FIXED:

Did a windows repair...

To start the repair, kindly follow these steps:

1. Click on this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

2. Scroll to the third option on the page - Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) - Select the multi-edition, then click Download now - Select the language, then click download 64 bit

3. Once downloaded, check the file to make sure it if fully downloaded - a 6.3GB file After downloading, next steps:

4. Locate the file in its location and right-click on it. Then select 'mount' to open.

5. You will see a number of folders in the document, and a setup file. Click on the setup file (Please do not click on any of the folders).

6. Then follow the prompts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Not really clear, has it ever worked on Windows 11?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, this dongle was always working with my computer while it was OS Windows 11…

Stopped working abruptly overnight…

HP Recommended

Have you tried the dongle in another computer to confirm the dongle has not failed? USB keys do have a read/write lifespan perhaps the key failed. This is as likely as a sudden windows failure overnight.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Confirmed the dongle is working in other devices.

Currently just my laptop has the issue

HP Recommended

FIXED:

Did a windows repair...

To start the repair, kindly follow these steps:

1. Click on this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

2. Scroll to the third option on the page - Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) - Select the multi-edition, then click Download now - Select the language, then click download 64 bit

3. Once downloaded, check the file to make sure it if fully downloaded - a 6.3GB file After downloading, next steps:

4. Locate the file in its location and right-click on it. Then select 'mount' to open.

5. You will see a number of folders in the document, and a setup file. Click on the setup file (Please do not click on any of the folders).

6. Then follow the prompts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.