Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

However when I dialed  into my C drive HP files,  and ran the HP Extract.exe file, I got a message saying the "File is not compatible".  Compatible with what? 

Mainly -- what do I now download to cure this problem??? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When you tried to install HP Printer driver, and you got "can not delete output file" error. I guess the article HP LaserJet installation won't start on Windows 10  created by @ShlomiL might help you. HP Installation may already extract but didn't launch the installation. You can manually launch the installation wizard by find the installation file in you hard drive. e.g. HP LaserJet Pro P1102 / P1566 / P1606: The installation file might be C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Hope this helps. Please let me know. Thanks!

I am HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@Vanilla1125,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the installation issues. Is that, correct?

I recommend you to try the steps and install the driver from the below link and check if that solves the issue.

Uninstall the printer software using the steps below.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
  • Select your HP Printer
  • Select Uninstall
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
  • In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
  • Click on the "Drivers" tab
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  • Select Ok
  • Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
  • Close Devices and Printers

Then try installing the driver from the link below

http://hp.care/2nkawC4

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Re: installing printer driver error: can not delete output file

HP Recommended

Like many others, the driver for the Laserjet Pro mfp m426fdw will not install on windows 10. before the end of the extraction, it says that extraction fails. if trying to add the printer without the HP driver, just through windows, it says to look at printer screen for further instructions, but there are no further instructions there. and then it does not add the printer either. All th solutions offered through teh forums do not work. 

HP Recommended

When you tried to install HP Printer driver, and you got "can not delete output file" error. I guess the article HP LaserJet installation won't start on Windows 10  created by @ShlomiL might help you. HP Installation may already extract but didn't launch the installation. You can manually launch the installation wizard by find the installation file in you hard drive. e.g. HP LaserJet Pro P1102 / P1566 / P1606: The installation file might be C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Hope this helps. Please let me know. Thanks!

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

when i download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for windows then after download the file pop up showing " extraction failed can not delete out put file"

HP Recommended

@pankaj5786 wrote:

when i download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for windows then after download the file pop up showing " extraction failed can not delete out put file"

Thanks for your feedback! But the error wouldn't prevent you to install the software. Did you try to find the installation file in your C drive? Hope you have successfully installed the software. And We are working to fix the error completely. 

I am HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.