Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Laserjet Enterprise M506 that was making noises when printing.  I replaced the rollers on the paper tray (tray 2) and the pickup rollers on the underside of the printer and now it will not print at all.  When I try to print it will make a noise like it is trying to pick up the paper a few times and then show paper feed error.  I put back all the old rollers and it will not pick up paper anymore either.  So now I'm stuck with a printer that will not feed paper.  Any suggestions on how to fix would be greatly appreciated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You might have installed them wrongly. there is a small pointing piece on the roller that needs to be installed properly.

Valsimot_0-1713877422284.png

Valsimot_0-1706882709289.png

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You might have installed them wrongly. there is a small pointing piece on the roller that needs to be installed properly.

Valsimot_0-1713877422284.png

Valsimot_0-1706882709289.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for replying!  Does the little blue tab need to sit inside the grey bar or behind it?  Please advise.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

The grey bar has a slot that the blue tab goes into. This allows the printer to drop the pickup roller onto the paper to feed a shown in the picture when you press the white nub on the left side. If the roller is not dropping when you press up on that nub or it hangs loose you do not things aligned properly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification and got it feed paper.  However, the printer is still making this slightly muffled grinding noise when it feeds the paper through the machine.  I had originally thought the noise was due to the rollers being worn so it was having a hard time pulling paper up, but after the roller change the sound is still there.  Would you have any suggestions as to what is causing the noise that I may try and check?  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.