Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dw1000 (1W803AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello so suddenly my laptop had a change in which where i click the caps lock button it shows a watermarked notification and this annoys me so much i tried many solutions online but none worked, i hope someone can help me, i will also add a picture for reference

yaraHamad_0-1713914834421.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yara

If you tried the instruction given above and it didn't work. Try to uninstall this program "HP system event utility"

it works on me

Visit this discussion

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Remove-caps-lock-notification/m...

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@yaraHamad 

To turn off Caps lock notification, please try

To disable the Caps Lock notification on screen in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start button and select Settings.

2. In the Settings window, click on Accessibility.

3. Scroll down to the Keyboard section and click on Advanced keyboard settings.

4. In the Advanced keyboard settings window, click on Typing.

5. Scroll down to the More typing settings section and click on Use the On-Screen Keyboard.

6. In the On-Screen Keyboard window, click on the Options button.

7. In the Options window, uncheck the Turn on toggle keys option.

8. Click on Apply and then click on OK.

More info :       Disable CAPS LOCK notification

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
This doesn't work for me
HP Recommended

@Yara

If you tried the instruction given above and it didn't work. Try to uninstall this program "HP system event utility"

it works on me

Visit this discussion

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Remove-caps-lock-notification/m...

HP Recommended

Banhien, for #4 I was unable to find Advanced Keyboard Settings.  I tried a search for on-screen keyboard in settings, enabled it, clicked on the option button, but there was no Turn on toggle keys option to uncheck. 

HP Recommended

@AferAI Many people had the same issue, but it was cause by a logitech app. Deleting the "HP sy4em event utility" program solved the issue for me. Thank you!

HP Recommended

OMG THANK YOU! i also found another solution which is to go to task manager and disable the HP system utility and like never let it on unless i decide it, but anyways i think I'm gonna follow your instructions because I don't think I'll be using it anymore

HP Recommended

nvm

HP Recommended

half of these options do not exist in the settings window. there isn't even 'advanced keyboard settings' in the keyboard section.

HP Recommended

First you have to search in Start: HP System Event Utility, then select app settings

Rixolino19_0-1714158071874.png

Set app background to 'Never' (in my case Mai)

Rixolino19_1-1714158126899.png

And terminate it (in my case "Interrompi")

Rixolino19_2-1714158176737.png

for me it worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.