Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Studio USB

I cannot get Poly Lens (software version 1.3.1) to recognise my Polycom Studio USB Model P009 on my MacBook Pro. All references to using this specific model refer to using software called "Polycom Companion" whose existence seems to completely erased from the internet.

When I attempt to contact support the HP support website either 1) informs me that support is temporarily unavailable in my region 2) informs me in extremely poorly translated Finnish that support via phone is now available in English, giving me a number resembling a phone number that, however, is not a valid phone number in Finland. Is there any other way of contacting HP / Polycom user support, preferably by writing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @polyhiukkanen ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

What Cable are you using with the Poly Studio USB? Is this the original USB C to USB A?

Can you find what Software version the Poly Studio USB is running and/or can you use it with a Windows PC?

The Poly Companion App has been retired and the Poly Lens App is required once the unit is running firmware 1.4.0 or above

HP Poly support in EMEA is only available in German, English or French via phone

The Poly reseller that sold you the Poly Studio USB can be consulted as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @polyhiukkanen ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

What Cable are you using with the Poly Studio USB? Is this the original USB C to USB A?

Can you find what Software version the Poly Studio USB is running and/or can you use it with a Windows PC?

The Poly Companion App has been retired and the Poly Lens App is required once the unit is running firmware 1.4.0 or above

HP Poly support in EMEA is only available in German, English or French via phone

The Poly reseller that sold you the Poly Studio USB can be consulted as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply. Now that I reconnected the device to my Mac Poly Lens app the Poly Lens app - for some reason - recognized the device now. I can tell for future reference that I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, turning it on and off several times before I created an account to this forum.

I was using the original USB-C to USB-A cable. The out-of-the-box firmware of the device was 1.4.0.000870 and I am not updating it to 2.1.1.001162.

The Poly Companion app .dmg you posted did not work, at least on my computer running macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Maybe it was retired for a good reason then, although I would've been in trouble then if Poly Lens didn't recognise the device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.