Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Our church's Samsung ProXpress M4580FX will not initialize.  The screen just keeps spinning and stays at 0%.  Perhaps a harddrive/software issue.  This all occurred after a power outage.  I see that you maybe able to boot (or at leas move forward) with a USB drive but can't find the files anywhere.  Any help to SOP (Save Our Printer) would be appreciated.  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I will send you a PM once a moderator enables that function on your account. The envelope icon on the upper right will have a red dot with a number when you have a message.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I got the two files (plus the instructions) and extracted them to a thumbdrive that had been formatted as fat32.  I followed the procedure in the manual to load the disk drive.  At 14% the load terminated and said Failure: REPLACE THE DISK DRIVE.  I got a new drive and at 14%  got the same failure message.  I connected the disk drive to a Linux computer and ran  it through DISKS and fsck and nothing unusual appeared.  When  I put the software on the thumbdrive  I put several  files on it...the .img file, the .ehd file and several other folders and zip files.  Any help to get the churches computer going (SOP) Save Our Printer...would be greatly appreciated.   THANKS!

HP Recommended

What kind of drive are you using as a replacement. These devices do not support SSD drives and some require a self encrypting drive. Size may be an issue as well. Replacements purchased from HP are 500Gb.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I tried to replace it with a Toshiba 500 GB drive that looks just like the 320 GB  Toshiba that was in there.  The new drive is not formatted...if that is a problem what format would I use to pre-format?  (BTW since my last post I tried the repair option on the UX...on the original drive... and this time it went all the way through and said it was repaired (it failed when I tried it several days ago).  When it rebooted it was stuck on the 0% initialization).  Thanks for helping SOP (Save Our Printer)

HP Recommended

Hello, i have the same problem... Can I also get the PM with the instructions? 

How long does it take for a moderator to activate PM on an account?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@tymoteuszd  Please create your own post. Embedding a request in another user's post can result in your request being overlooked.

HP Recommended

@SamSung122 , on the limited number of these that I have changed drives on I have never had to preformat the drive. Check the models of the drives closely to ensure the specs, other than capacity, are identical.

HP Recommended

The two drives look for the most part identical...the original is a Toshiba 320 GB and the replacement is Toshiba 500 GB.  When I originally tried to reformat them...they both choked at 15% with the "replace hard drive".  I have attached both to a computer (LINUX) and the hardware health tests showed them both to be good.  I formatted the new drive as EXT4 (linux) and it gave the same REPLACE DRIVE at ~15% loading. (I have only the .ehd file on the thumbdrive).  I then reinstalled the original drive and ran the HDD repair and again it said it repaired it and rebooted and hung at the initializing 0% with the "spinner".   Is there possibly something else that could cause this initialization problem?...toner cartridges...scanner issues...switches on doors?  Also there is UI recovery .img file that I have not used...how does one invoke that?  Thanks for sticking in there with me (church congregation is getting antsy 🙂 ) .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.