Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SL-M2835DW

Samsung SL-M2835DW - AirPrint not working using Apple devices on iOS17.

I have completely uninstalled & re-installed all drivers. 

AirPrint still works using Apple devices still on iOS16 or earlier. 

Unable to raise a case as the HP website does not accept the Serial Number or Model Name of the printer. 

Anyone else had/having the same issues and found a solution ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, 
Sadly I can not offer you a solution (yet), however I would like to let you know that (at least) you are not alone with this problem. 
I have the same printer SL-M2835DW.
Things I have done: 

- Power cycle everbody (phone, tablet, router, printer) 

- Updated the printer firmware (It is now at the latest: V3.0.1.14)

- Tried using the provided diagnostic tool. It hasn't helped. 

- Double checked the connection, everybody is connected to one network. 

Things that are working properly: 

- Accessing printer web interface

- Printing from Windows computers. (Win10, Win11) 

- Printing from iOS16 devices 

So the only thing NOT working: 

- Printing from iOS17 or iPadOS17. (No AirPrint Printers Found) 

Due to the fact that the printer still works properly with iOS16 devices I believe that the problem is originated from the iOS update. From the discussion below I learned that there were 2 AirPrint versions. The older one is now out of support with iOS17. It is most probable that this old version is used in the 2020 firmware. 

In this thread other printer manufacturers have provided a new firmware that is compatible with iOS17: 
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255138651?sortBy=best

They recommend the HP Samsung Mobile Print app from the app store. This application has found my printer, but was not able to print. 

HP Recommended

I agree with your findings. So is HP going to fix this or are they going to let us throw a printer in the garbage and buy a Brother? I'm so close..

HP Recommended

I have a M2830DW and a M2835DW, only the M2835DW stopped showing up in list of printers after upgrading from IOS16 to  IOS17; the M2830 still works fine. Both are in exact same latest FW release. 
Frustrating!    

HP, please provide a fix as other manufacturers are doing.  

HP Recommended

Having the same issue here. 

ios16 devices can print fine to a Samsung/HP M2835DW via Airprint. A new iPhone on ios 17 is a no go. 

Come on HP, deploy a freaking firmware update to fix this Airprint issue. Otherwise, I'll drop this turd off at one of your Palo Alto locations (let you dispose of it) and I'll go by a new Brother printer. 

Your last Firmware update was version: V3.00.01.14 - released in 2020. You talk about being green, buy yet, you don't take any action. Not upgrading this printer firmware means thousands of these things will go into landfill or shipped off to 3rd world countries. 

HP Recommended

HP - Please reply with your intent to update the Driver so this printer can work with IOS17.  

Awaiting your response.

HP Recommended

I believe a driver isn’t enough, it’s the firmware that has to be updated. And I wouldn’t hold my breath for that to happen. I’m sure neither of us using airplay will buy another HP again. I have a brick as far as iPhone/iPad printing is concerned. Anyway if you’re desperate, it still prints with its app “mobile print” from samsung. Not handy, bud definitely a workaround.

Thank you for nothing, HP!

HP Recommended

The Samsung Mobile Print app does not work for me as a workaround. This problem is so frustrating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.