Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My M2070FW has a document feeder. It works fine for scanning - but it does not group multiple pages into one pdf (as it used to). It treats them as individual scans!

On my iMac (15,1 and OS 10.15.1) I can go to System Preferences/Printers and Scanners and select PRINT or SCAN without having to go through Preview.

HP Recommended

If so you are a lucky guy. I can print, but I cannot see the scanner device. 

HP Recommended

My Catalina has the ability to both scan and print via AirPrint, but the printing has gone quite unstable, it now prints UNIRAST then garbled characters until the paper is empty. If you power cycle the printer, it will print again until next time.

I recently recommended a family member to get the same printer because of how easy it is to use over years of faffing with inkjets. Unfortunately Catalina upgrade with AirPrint and no scanner is available.

HP Recommended

Hi,

That's how I was able to install my fully functional M2070FW printer on Catalina;

1. I downloaded the latest driver (M2070_Series_Mac_PrinterDriver_V1.04.01.zip) form HP's site,
  2. Unzipped the file,
  3. Unzipped ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver.zip which created ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver folder
  4. Opened System Preferences>Printers & Scanners and hit [+] button to add a new printer
  5. Selected [Other...] under [Use] dropdown menu and selected; ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver/10.6/PPD/gzipfile/Samsung M2070 Series.gz file
  6. Selected Samsung 2070 Series under Use dropdown menu (you will get some error and warning messages; just Ignore/OK and continue) AND
  7. Voila! Both the printer and scanner is working!

I hope this would help. Cheers...

HP Recommended

I made a check on HP site, it seems that new drivers for M2070 printers are available, but unfortunately are not yet available for my printer C480 series. Still in waiting list.

HP Recommended

Latest drivers I can see for the M2070W is 10.14. Have you found something newer?

HP Recommended

I haven't found something newer, but I noticed that with M2070W printer HP automatically detects the OS 10.1 and provides for a firmware, instead with my printer C480 HP says that he doesn't detect any drivers for my OS version. Having said that download the firmware & see if after that your printer works.

HP Recommended

This is all good, but does anyone know for sure if the M2070 samsung printer and scanning works fine with the new Mac OS, i'm still holding off until I know, its important.

HP Recommended

Not for me - I'd hold off if you are dependent on it.

HP Recommended

Ok, I've just been having a play.  Connected the printer via USB and re-added the printer via USB and not AirPrint, this downloads the driver and gives you both printing and scanner. So me, the printing seems more stable but I've not tested it much.

If you re-add the AirPrint printer, you now also get print and scan, but for me at least, printing seems unstable. Anyone else want to try?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.