Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer stopped connecting to my computer - I reset to factory settings but now what?  I do not have the hardwire cord

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Orio 6968

HP Recommended

Hi @SandyPatDeclan ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer is not connecting to your computer after a factory reset and you don't have the USB cable to connect it directly, you can try the following steps to set it up wirelessly: 

• Check Wi-Fi Connection: Make sure your printer is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. You may need to use the printer's control panel to navigate through the settings and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Restart Router and Printer: Sometimes, connectivity issues can be resolved by simply restarting both your router and printer. Turn off both devices, wait for a minute, then turn them back on and see if the printer connects to the Wi-Fi network.
  • Use WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): If your router supports WPS, you can use this method to quickly connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network. Press the WPS button on your router, then within two minutes, press the WPS button on your printer. Refer to your printer's manual for specific instructions on how to use WPS.
  • HP Smart App: Download and install the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your printer wirelessly using the app. The HP Smart app can automatically detect and configure your printer on the network.
  • Wi-Fi Direct: If your printer supports Wi-Fi Direct, you can connect your computer directly to the printer without needing a Wi-Fi network. Enable Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and then connect your computer to the printer's Wi-Fi Direct network. You can then set up the printer using the HP Smart app or through the printer's web interface.
  • Printer's Web Interface: Access your printer's web interface by entering its IP address into a web browser on your computer. From there, you can navigate through the settings to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer User manual

HP printer setup (Wi-Fi Direct)

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver)

HP printer setup (USB cable)

Hope this helps! Keep me post

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.