Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to reset the password for the ews login page for this printer.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Beaumix,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Resetting the password for the Embedded Web Server (EWS) on an HP Officejet Pro 9025e printer typically involves accessing the printer's settings through a web browser. Here's a general guide to help you reset the password.

• Connect to the same network: Ensure that your computer or device is connected to the same network as the printer.
  • Find the printer's IP address: You can usually find the IP address of your printer by printing a network configuration page. This page will include the printer's IP address, which you'll need to access the EWS.
  • Open a web browser: Open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge on your computer or device.
  • Enter the printer's IP address: Type the printer's IP address into the address bar of your web browser and press Enter.
  • Access the EWS: This should take you to the Embedded Web Server login page for your printer.
  • Login with default credentials: If you haven't changed the password before, try using the default credentials. The default username is usually "admin" and the default password is usually "admin" or blank. If these don't work, you may need to consult the printer's manual or HP's support documentation for the default credentials specific to your model.
  • Navigate to security settings: Once logged in, navigate to the security or password settings within the EWS. The exact location of these settings may vary depending on the printer model.
  • Reset the password: Look for an option to reset the password or change the existing password. Follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password for the EWS.
  • Save changes: After setting the new password, be sure to save your changes.
  • Log out and test: Log out of the EWS and then try logging back in with the new password to ensure that it's working correctly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

There was a custom password set in the ews login.  So your instructions only apply if this hasn't happened.  There is no way to reset the password without being able to log in. I'm looking for a way to reset the printer so I can update the password, as this seems to be the only way to accomplish this.

HP Recommended

Hi @Beaumix,

Thank you for your response, 

Resetting the password on an HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e when you're unable to log in can be tricky, but it's not impossible. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you.

Perform a Factory Reset:

• Turn on the printer if it's not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the printer.
  • Turn on the printer if it does not automatically turn on.

Reconfigure the Printer:

• After the printer restarts, you'll need to set it up again like you did when you first got it.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to select your language, connect it to your network, and set up other preferences.
  • During this setup process, you'll have the opportunity to set a new password for the Embedded Web Server (EWS) login.

Access the Embedded Web Server:

• Once the printer is set up and connected to your network, you can access the EWS.
  • Open a web browser on a computer or device that's connected to the same network as your printer.
  • Enter the printer's IP address in the address bar. You can find the printer's IP address by printing a network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
  • When the EWS login page appears, enter the default username and password, which is usually "admin" for both the username and password fields.

Change the Password:

• Once logged into the EWS, navigate to the security settings or password settings.
  • You should find an option to change the password.
  • Enter your desired new password and save the changes.

By following these steps, you should be able to reset the password on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e and set a new one.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.