Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5660

I got it from Facebook market. When I got it, the instant ink showed can't connect. But I still can print from WIFI, so I ignore it. 

But after a month, it showed I cannot print because instank ink cannot connect and update.

My printer already connect WIFI. I can find it from drivers and scan is working. Only instant ink keep showing need to connect. After I click connect, it said that it need few minutes to update. Then it back to the page what need to connect. Keep doing same thing

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Leo1995,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering some trouble with your HP 5660 printer and its connection to the Instant Ink service. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Restart Your Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your printer, wait for a few minutes, and then turn it back on.

Check Wi-Fi Connection: Ensure that your printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You may want to double-check the Wi-Fi settings on your printer to confirm that it's connected to the same network your computer or mobile device is using.

Restart Your Wi-Fi Router: If other devices on your network are also experiencing connectivity issues, try restarting your Wi-Fi router.

Update Printer Firmware: Make sure your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP support website.

Check Instant Ink Account: Log in to your HP Instant Ink account online to verify that your printer is correctly registered and that there are no issues with your subscription or payment information.

Reinstall Instant Ink: If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instant Ink software on your computer or mobile device. Sometimes, a fresh installation can resolve connectivity issues.

I request you to share all the details in a private message. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

To understand the issue and help you, please share the details listed below:

• Registered email address and the serial number of the printer.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.