Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Other

My MAC is connected to my HP printer ans the WiFi blue light is flashing, not steady.

How do I get it steady so I can print???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kathyjh,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Flashing WiFi lights on printers usually indicate that the printer is not yet connected to the wireless network or is experiencing connectivity issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Check WiFi Connection: Make sure your MAC is connected to the same WiFi network that your HP printer is connected to. If not, connect your MAC to the appropriate WiFi network.

Restart Printer and MAC: Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and MAC can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off both devices, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them back on.

Printer Settings: Access the settings menu on your HP printer's control panel. Navigate to the network settings and ensure that the WiFi connection is enabled and properly configured.

Reconnect Printer to WiFi: If your printer's WiFi connection settings seem correct, try reconnecting it to your WiFi network. Follow the instructions provided in your printer's manual or use the printer's control panel interface to reconnect to the WiFi network.

Printer Software: Ensure that you have installed the latest printer drivers and software on your MAC. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause connectivity issues. You can download the latest drivers and software from the HP website.

MAC Printer Settings: On your MAC, open the System Preferences, then select Printers & Scanners. Remove your HP printer from the list (if it's already there) by selecting it and clicking the "-" button. Then, click the "+" button to add the printer again. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your HP printer to your MAC.

Firewall or Security Software: Sometimes, firewall or security software on your MAC can block the connection to the printer. Temporarily disable any firewall or security software and try connecting to the printer again.

Reset Printer Network Settings: As a last resort, you can try resetting your HP printer's network settings to default. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to reset network settings.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.