Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I get an error message while trying to connect to my Wi-Fi that it is enterprise and HP does not support that

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KOB4,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a compatibility issue between your HP printer, specifically the 4200e series, and your Wi-Fi network, which is configured with enterprise-level security settings.

Enterprise Wi-Fi networks typically use advanced security protocols such as WPA2-Enterprise or 802.1X authentication, which may not be directly supported by all consumer-grade printers. However, there are a few potential solutions you could explore:

• Printer Configuration: Check if your printer supports advanced network configurations, such as specifying the security protocol and entering the required credentials manually. 
  • Network Configuration: If possible, consider adjusting your Wi-Fi network settings to a less secure but still acceptable configuration (e.g., WPA2-Personal) temporarily to allow your printer to connect. However, this should only be done if it doesn't compromise the overall security of your network.
  • Network Bridge: Another option is to set up a network bridge or intermediary device that can connect to the enterprise Wi-Fi network and then share that connection with your printer via a secondary Wi-Fi network or Ethernet connection. This could be achieved using a compatible router or a dedicated network bridge device.
  • Consult IT Department: If the enterprise Wi-Fi network is managed by an IT department or administrator, consider reaching out to them for assistance. They may be able to provide guidance or make adjustments to the network configuration to facilitate printer connectivity.

By exploring these options, you may find a suitable solution to connect your HP printer to your enterprise Wi-Fi network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.