Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6458e All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY Printer, 6400 All-In-One-Printer series. Printer worked like a charm, then last week I got new internet service and printer has not worked since.  It thinks it has no power, yet power is on, lights are lit up. Ran it thru HP's diagnostics several times, message says "they cannot locate printer". Rebooted modem twice, turned laptop off and on twice. Unplugged and plugged from the back many many times, even left it unplugged all night, nothing is working. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sherry1951 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. Since the issue started after you got new internet service, it might be related to network settings or connectivity. Here are a few more steps you can try:

• Check Network Settings: Make sure your printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You can usually do this through the printer's control panel or settings menu.
  • Restart Router: Sometimes, simply restarting your router can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug your router from power, wait for a minute or two, then plug it back in and let it reboot.
  • Printer Network Setup: If your printer has a touchscreen or display panel, check if there's an option to reconnect it to your new Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the new network credentials.
  • Printer Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with new networks or devices.  Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: As a last resort, you can try resetting the network settings on your printer to factory defaults. This will erase any existing network configurations, so you'll need to set it up again from scratch. Instructions for this can usually be found in the printer's user manual or on the HP website.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY Pro 6400 All-in-One Printer series User manual 

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps- HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps- HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network)

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps  Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @sherry1951 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. Since the issue started after you got new internet service, it might be related to network settings or connectivity. Here are a few more steps you can try:

• Check Network Settings: Make sure your printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You can usually do this through the printer's control panel or settings menu.
  • Restart Router: Sometimes, simply restarting your router can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug your router from power, wait for a minute or two, then plug it back in and let it reboot.
  • Printer Network Setup: If your printer has a touchscreen or display panel, check if there's an option to reconnect it to your new Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the new network credentials.
  • Printer Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with new networks or devices.  Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: As a last resort, you can try resetting the network settings on your printer to factory defaults. This will erase any existing network configurations, so you'll need to set it up again from scratch. Instructions for this can usually be found in the printer's user manual or on the HP website.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY Pro 6400 All-in-One Printer series User manual 

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps- HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps- HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network)

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps  Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer 

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Your answer helped us to connect to the printer. Really appreciate your service!  We also have two iphones and two ipads in the house that are unable to connect to the printer too.. MIght you have a solution for them too?

HP Recommended

Hi @sherry1951,
Thank you for your reply 

That's great! I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Please refer to this document: HP printer setup (Apple AirPrint for iPhone, iPad)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.