Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My printer does not print anymore but it does before. With the HP app it does print but if I want to print directly from Word or anything else it pauses all the time. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CowboyCadillac,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello Gaya. It is an HP Envy Inspire 7900 series. Everything was fine. But now it always switches into pause. Funny thing is, that I can print and scan with the HP app. But if I use word for example, it does not print. 

HP Recommended

Hi @CowboyCadillac ,

Thank you for your reply!

I understand your frustration with your HP Envy Inspire 7900 printer pausing when printing directly from Word but working fine with the HP app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the Print Spooler:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
  2. Find Print Spooler.
  3. Right-click on it and select Restart.

Update Printer Drivers:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners.
  2. Find your HP Envy Inspire printer and click on Manage.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Click on the Advanced tab.
  5. Click on Update Driver.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.

Check for Software Interference:

1. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software you have installed.
  2. Close any other programs that might be running in the background and interfering with printing.

Other Troubleshooting Tips:

• Check the connection: Ensure your printer is properly connected to your computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi.
  • Restart devices: Turn off your printer and computer, wait for a minute, and then turn them back on.
  • Check for paper jams: Make sure there are no paper jams in the printer.
  • Print a test page: Try printing a test page directly from the printer itself to see if it functions properly.
  • Reinstall the printer software: Uninstall and then reinstall the HP printer software from the HP website.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The fact that printing works with the HP app suggests the printer itself is likely functioning correctly.
  • The issue might lie with the communication between your computer and the printer when using specific software like Word.
  • Updating drivers and restarting services often resolve software glitches.

Refer to this document: HP Envy Inspire 7900 series Troubleshooting

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

No, did not work. I have an MacBook Pro. 

It worked out very good before. Even on WIFI, never a problem. 

Now it switches to the waiting line if I want to print from another source than the HP App.

I deinstalled the APP reinstalled again. 

I am registered. 

It's very very complicated and I dont understand what the issue is. 

HP Recommended

HI @CowboyCadillac,
Thank you for your reply 

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem 

• Check Printer Connection: Make sure your printer is properly connected to your computer via USB or Wi-Fi, whichever method you use. If it's connected via USB, try a different USB port on your computer or a different USB cable to rule out any connection issues.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve communication issues. Try restarting both your computer and your printer.
  • Check Printer Settings: Open the Control Panel on your computer and navigate to Devices and Printers (Windows) or System Preferences > Printers & Scanners (Mac). Make sure your printer is set as the default printer and that it's not set to "Paused" or "Offline."
  • Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can usually download them from the HP website. Software and Drivers for HP ENVY Inspire 7900e series
  • Check Application Settings: In Word (or any other application where printing is not working), check the print settings to ensure that the correct printer is selected and that there are no print jobs stuck in the queue.
  • Reset Printing System (Mac): In some cases on a Mac, resetting the printing system can help resolve issues. To do this, go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, right-click on the printer list, and select "Reset printing system." Note that this will remove all printers from your system, so you'll need to re-add them afterward.
  • Check for Software Updates: Make sure both your operating system and your printing software are up to date. Sometimes, bugs or compatibility issues can be resolved with software updates.
    Refer to this document: HP Envy Inspire 7900 series Troubleshooting
    I hope this helps. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.