Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My HP OfficeJet 3830 shows  "Shutting down...Printer will not print remote or scheduled jobs when off"

But It won't turn off. It has said this for a long time. I tried turning it off when it failed to print after several requests to print

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @annem59 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP OfficeJet 3830 is experiencing a persistent issue with shutting down and printing. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues with electronic devices. Unplug the power cord from the printer, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This action can sometimes reset the printer and clear any temporary glitches.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. HP often release updates to address known issues and improve device performance. You can usually check for updates through the printer's settings menu or the HP website. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset the Printer: If restarting doesn't work, try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. This process can vary depending on the model, so refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Inspect for Physical Damage or Obstructions: Examine the printer for any physical damage or obstructions that may be preventing it from functioning properly. Check the paper tray, print head, and any movable parts for signs of damage or blockages.
  • Check Power Source and Connections: Ensure that the printer is securely connected to a power source and that the power outlet is functioning correctly. Also, check all cable connections between the printer and your computer or network to ensure they are secure.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.