Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My HP office at P.R.O 9025 won’t connect wirelessly. I have to use ethernet cord in order for it to function. How can I get the printer to operate wirelessly

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NwMason ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Troubleshooting connectivity issues with printers can sometimes be tricky, but here are some steps you can take to try and get your HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 connected to your Wi-Fi network wirelessly:

• Restart Your Printer and Wi-Fi Router: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your printer and Wi-Fi router, wait for a minute, and then turn them back on.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Ensure that your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that there are no obstacles blocking the signal.
  • Verify Wi-Fi Settings on the Printer: Access the printer's control panel and navigate to the wireless settings. Make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled and that the printer is set to connect to the correct network.
  • Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network: If your printer is not already connected to your Wi-Fi network, you'll need to reconnect it. On the printer's control panel, select the wireless icon or navigate to the wireless settings menu. Follow the prompts to search for available networks and enter your Wi-Fi network's password if prompted.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve connectivity issues and improve performance. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Restart Wi-Fi Router: Sometimes, the issue may lie with the Wi-Fi router itself. Restarting the router can help refresh the connection and resolve any temporary issues.
  • Check Router Settings: Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is not blocking the printer from connecting. Check the router settings, such as MAC address filtering or access control lists, and make sure that the printer is allowed to connect.
  • Disable VPN or Proxy: If you're using a VPN or proxy on your network, try disabling it temporarily to see if it's causing the connectivity issue.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: As a last resort, you can reset the printer's network settings to factory defaults. This will erase any existing network configurations, so you'll need to set up the Wi-Fi connection again from scratch.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer User manual 

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps- HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network)

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps  Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.