Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I moved recently and my wifi has changed and now my printer will not connect to my new internet

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @joliewalker,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Connecting your HP printer to a new Wi-Fi network should be a straightforward process, but it can sometimes be a bit tricky. Here's a general guide to help you troubleshoot and reconnect your HP printer to your new Wi-Fi.

• Printer Display Panel: Check if your printer has a display panel. Many HP printers have a small screen that allows you to navigate through settings.
  • Wi-Fi Settings on Printer: Access the settings menu on your printer and look for options related to Wi-Fi or network settings. There should be an option to set up a new Wi-Fi connection.
  • Wi-Fi Setup Wizard: Many printers have a setup wizard that guides you through the process of connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Follow the prompts on the printer's display panel to select your new Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
  • Wireless Setup Using a Computer: Alternatively, you can use a computer to set up the Wi-Fi connection. HP often provides software called "HP Smart" or "HP Easy Start" that helps with the setup process. Download and install this software on your computer, then follow the instructions to connect your printer to the new Wi-Fi network.
  • Restart Printer and Router: Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and your Wi-Fi router can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off both devices, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Ensure that your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that there are no physical barriers blocking the signal.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: As a last resort, you can reset the network settings on your printer to factory defaults and then set up the Wi-Fi connection again from scratch. This option is usually available in the printer's settings menu.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.