Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer says I need to connect or I will no longer be able to print.  So, when I connect, it prints out a Web Access Test Results page which states:  ATTENTION: This printer is currently not configured with a gateway address. On most networks, not having a gateway address can prevent the printer from communicating over the network or accessing the Internet.

My printer model is an old one, but hey, it still prints. HP OfficeJet 5200 All-in-one Printer series.

Is anyone having this same issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TJ_H-2024,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like your HP Officejet 5200 All-in-One Printer is prompting you to connect it to a network to ensure proper communication and internet access. The error message indicates that the printer is missing a gateway address, which is essential for it to communicate over the network.

To resolve this issue, you'll need to configure the network settings on your printer to include a gateway address. Here's how you can do it:

• Access Printer Settings: Use the printer's control panel or the printer's web interface to access its settings. Typically, you can access the settings by navigating through the menu on the printer's control panel.
  • Network Settings: Look for the network settings or network configuration option in the printer's settings menu.
  • Configure Gateway Address: Within the network settings, you should find an option to configure the gateway address. Enter the appropriate gateway address for your network. The gateway address is usually the IP address of your router.
  • Save Settings: After entering the gateway address, save the settings. The printer will likely prompt you to confirm or save the changes.
  • Test Connection: Once the settings are saved, try printing a test page or performing a web access test again to see if the error message persists.

By configuring the gateway address, your printer should be able to communicate over the network and access the internet if needed.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.