Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer

Contacted HP Support for help. The ticket number is [Personal Information Removed].  The problem was not resolved after an hour of the agent updating drivers, configurations, etc.  He did a test print which worked, but the test didn't use HP Smart Printer.  That's where the problem lies.

Here is how I solved the issue.

1.  I went to Windows Start menu list. Found the HP Smart application. Right clicked and did an uninstall.

2.  Went to Microsoft Store and found HP Smart and downloaded the application.

3. Tested the print job again using the HP Smart Printer  (not the printer device name e.g. OfficeJet) as the printer and received the same error that the print job could not be completed.

4.  Went into Windows Control Panel and listed the devices and printers.  I located the HP Smart Printer and deleted it.

5. I went back into my document app (Word or other) and tried to print the document.  Lo and beyold, the HP Smart Printer had been added back into the list of available printers. 

6. Selected HP Smart Printer and the document printed successfully.

Printer is attached using wifi. It had been working for months. Today I powered off my modem and router to try and resolve an internet performance issue. That may have started the problem with HP Smart Printing. Not definitive. 

It's also not certain I needed to uninstall/reinstall HP Smart Print app on Windows. But, that's what I did.  It's possible that deleting the printer from the Windows device list is what resolved the issue.  I tested this on two computers and solved the problem on both.
Ignore whatever is in case number [Personal Information Removed].  It did not solve the problem.

Sidenote: unexplainably, HP Smart Printer App had been removed from my iPad and Android phone. Totally gone. I had to reinstall from the app stores. My guess is there is/was a problem with HP Smart and they forced an uninstall from the mobile devices.  I discovered this while trying to test print from those, since Windows  HP Smart Printing wasn't working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MM1956,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you went through quite a troubleshooting journey with your HP Officejet Pro 8025e All-In-One Printer! It seems like the issue might have been related to the HP Smart application, especially considering it was also missing from your mobile devices.

By uninstalling and reinstalling HP Smart on your computer and deleting the printer from the Windows device list, you were able to refresh the connection and resolve the printing problem.

Regarding the disappearance of the HP Smart Printer app from your iPad and Android phone, it's possible there was an issue with the app itself that led to its removal. Sometimes, app updates or compatibility issues can cause such unexpected behavior. Reinstalling from the respective app stores was the right move to get everything back up and running.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MM1956,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you went through quite a troubleshooting journey with your HP Officejet Pro 8025e All-In-One Printer! It seems like the issue might have been related to the HP Smart application, especially considering it was also missing from your mobile devices.

By uninstalling and reinstalling HP Smart on your computer and deleting the printer from the Windows device list, you were able to refresh the connection and resolve the printing problem.

Regarding the disappearance of the HP Smart Printer app from your iPad and Android phone, it's possible there was an issue with the app itself that led to its removal. Sometimes, app updates or compatibility issues can cause such unexpected behavior. Reinstalling from the respective app stores was the right move to get everything back up and running.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.