Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MFP M375nw

Is there an upgraded wifi card for wireless HP LJ Color 300 Pro?   Printer (older model) not compatible with new faster Xfinity modem  current one I believe is 1150-7938 CM1415

This was confirmed with HP, but no HP servicer in my area

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Zootoo,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Upgrading the wireless card in printers, especially older models, can be quite challenging as HP often designs their devices with specific hardware configurations. In many cases, there might not be an official upgrade option available.

For the HP LaserJet Pro 300 Color MFP M375nw, which I presume is the printer you're referring to, upgrading the wireless card might not be a straightforward option. Typically, these printers have fixed hardware configurations, and the wireless functionality is integrated into the mainboard rather than being a separate component like a PC's Wi-Fi card.

If your printer is having trouble connecting to a new router or modem, there are a few steps you can try before considering hardware upgrades:

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, new firmware updates can improve compatibility with newer networking equipment.
  • Manual Setup: Attempt to manually set up the wireless connection on the printer, entering the new network's SSID (name) and password.
  • Compatibility Modes: Some routers offer backward compatibility modes for older devices. Check if your new modem/router has such an option and enable it if available.
  • Network Extender: If all else fails, you could consider using a network extender or a Wi-Fi repeater to connect the printer to your network indirectly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.