Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

When I get my printer to acquire the email address, nothing happens and I know I have it because I’ve used it before, but I have moved and now everything has to be reset

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Michelle1991 

Welcome to the HP Community --

The answer must be less precise without the printer model and details on the way the printer is (was) using its email address. 

What?

There are two mail ways the printer is assigned and uses its own email address:

• ePrint - old Technology available for years on select printers that support this type of Mobile printing.
  • Print Anywhere - new Technology available on select printers with HP+ service

The following does not apply to Print Anywhere

One fix to a no-longer-working printer email address involves perhaps having to change the printer's email address.

What? 

Having stopped using it, moving, having to reconnect the printer to a new network, perhaps broke the old address.

What?
Once disrupted, changed, lost, or otherwise no longer usable for any reason, the old email address must be changed to one that works in the current setup.

“HP Smart / HP Connected” - Printers added to ePrint / Print Anywhere

Management / Options

HP Smart / HP Connected – Sign in / Create Account

Note:  Website might take 1-10 seconds to open

Click Flag to switch to your region

Account Dashboard

Select Printers > In Section Printer Options > Click Manage Printer Settings

Example - ePrint and HP Smart / HP Connected account

(Not intended as an example for Print Anywhere)

HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_4HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_4

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.