Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer
Other

I have Sonoma 14.4.1 on my Macbook Pro.  No problems with printer connection until I changed wifi password. I have google nest router. Touchscreen searches for network, finds mine, enter PW, spins and ultimately cannot connect .... at least 10 attempts. Forgot network, restored previous settings, no benefit. Network test results pass for wireless on and working. Pass for network name (SSID) found and other networks detected match name. Printer settings consistent with Wireless router settings BUT No filtering fail. Started, reset, unplugged modem, routers, computer, printer. HP Utility still has my printer listed BUT HP Smart app does not and cannot be added due to know connection to wifi. I have spent at least 12 hours on this, had geek friends take a look and we cannot figure this out. PLEASE help. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @CindyOly1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've tried a lot of troubleshooting steps already, so let's see if we can narrow down the issue further. Here are some additional steps you can try.

• Manual Setup: Instead of relying on the touchscreen interface of your printer to connect to the Wi-Fi, try setting up the Wi-Fi connection manually through the printer's settings menu. You usually access this through the printer's control panel or through a web browser interface by entering the printer's IP address.
  • Forget Printer on Mac: Go to your Mac's system preferences, then Printers & Scanners. Find your HP printer in the list and remove it. This will clear any old settings that might be causing issues with the new Wi-Fi password.
  • Restart Router and Printer: Turn off both your router and printer, then turn them back on after a few minutes. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your printer. This will erase all settings, including the Wi-Fi network information, so you'll need to set it up again from scratch. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP printer. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with newer network settings.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you reconnect your HP 8625 printer to your Wi-Fi network with the new password.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I appreciate the time you took to help me, but, it did not work. I googled " web browser interface hp printer ip does not connect" and was directed to an hp support page with additional steps to take such as changing proxies. I did not proceed. The most import thing I can say is my printer worked just fine until I changed my wifi password and it baffles me that this is so complicated.

HP Recommended

I see you answered my question twice. When I go to system settings in my macbook and click on printers I see two printers: HP Officejet Pro 8620 and HP Officejet Pro 8620-2. Both say offline but the one without the 2 also says default. "Kind" is HP officejet pro 8620 air print.  Both are listed in the HP utility app. My printer is an HP officejet pro 8625. Do you recommend deleting both? Since neither are connected to wifi I cannot use the HP smart app. Finally, I think it is possible that my Google nest wifi mesh router is part of the problem. But, when I had a support call with support they said it was an HP issue. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi @CindyOly1,

Thank you for your response, 

I understand your frustration. Changing a Wi-Fi password shouldn't have to be complicated, but sometimes the way devices handle network settings can be tricky. It's unfortunate that your printer is giving you trouble after a simple password change.

If you're hesitant to proceed with the additional steps recommended by HP, I completely understand. Messing with network settings, especially proxies, can sometimes lead to unintended consequences if not done correctly.

Before diving into more advanced troubleshooting, have you tried simply restarting your printer and your router? Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues by allowing the devices to re-establish their connections with the new password. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Although I really appreciate your compassion, I am disappointed you are giving up on me and this issue. Yes, I have restarted the printer, modem and router FOUR times in last 2 weeks. And, I agree that messing with network settings is risky ... but, there must be other solutions.

HP Recommended

Hi @CindyOly1,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.