Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That worked for me too

HP Recommended

@Sh109b wrote:

Finally I have found the solution. 

Download and install the HP software assistant. 

This showed 3 updates waiting including an HP solutions (for IT professionals). I allowed all updates and about 20mins later the printer reported working with the latest firmware.

Beware some update windows are behind 'waiting' ones

I wondered what the "HP software assistant" was, but it seems to actually be named "HP Support Assistant" (see https://support.hp.com/gb-en/help/hp-support-assistant) - using that completed the update at long last, thanks for the pointer.

Cheers

Michael

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! This was simple and it worked! No need to reset printer or disable firewall or any of the other suggested solutions. 

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly! Just be sure to look for the HP SUPPORT Assistant (not HP software assistant)

HP Recommended

^ This is the right answer. My firmware is now updated to the latest version. For my  OfficeJet Pro 8022, the file I've download from HP is this one: OJP8020_8030_2314A.exe

Please ensure that you download the firmware only from HP website and chose the right one for your printer model.

HP Recommended

Thank you for confirming it works. Still HP should sort out the download directly to the printer as so many of us are using only mobile devices and I hate to think how difficult that must be 🤪

HP Recommended

Follow this link. I can download the firmware and installed successfully. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Raj2111,

I am having the same issues with my OfficeJet Pro 8022 - my computer says everything is up to date but the printer is trying to download software and doesn't get past 0%.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer on HP Smart but getting the same issues.

Please can you help

Claire

HP Recommended

See my post earlier 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. None of the fixes work. I have a MacBook Pro and everything seems to be for Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.