Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer

9015e printer carriage stuck on left side

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @don335,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When a printer's carriage gets stuck on one side, like the left side in your case, it can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

• Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a minute or two, then plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes, a simple reset can fix the problem.
  • Check for Obstructions: Make sure there are no foreign objects obstructing the movement of the carriage. Even small pieces of paper or debris can cause the carriage to get stuck.
  • Move the Carriage: If the carriage is stuck but not jammed, try gently moving it by hand to see if it frees up. Be very careful not to force it.
  • Inspect the Carriage Path: Look inside the printer to see if there are any visible issues with the carriage path, such as broken parts or debris that may be causing the obstruction.
  • Reset Printer Settings: Some printers have a reset option in the settings menu that can help resolve mechanical issues. Check your printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Update Firmware: Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs or issues that may be causing the carriage to get stuck. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and install them if necessary.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.