Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

It has taken me all day running the troubleshooting for a false paper jam. I am very annoyed and have not gotten any work done! I have tried everything suggested. There also is NO PAPER JAM. Its a false paper jam.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DWH6 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration! Dealing with technical issues, especially when they hinder your productivity, can be incredibly frustrating. Let's see if we can tackle this problem together.

First, let's try some basic troubleshooting steps:

• Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about a minute, then plug it back in and turn it on again. Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve false paper jam errors.
  • Inspect the Paper Path: Open all the access doors and trays of the printer and visually inspect the paper path. Look for any torn pieces of paper, debris, or foreign objects that may be causing the false jam error. Use a flashlight if necessary.
  • Clean the Rollers: Dust and debris on the printer's rollers can sometimes trigger false jam errors. Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water to gently clean the rollers. Make sure they are completely dry before reinserting them into the printer.
  • Check Paper Settings: Ensure that the paper size and type settings on the printer match the paper loaded in the trays. Mismatched settings can sometimes cause the printer to erroneously detect a paper jam.
  • Update Firmware/Drivers: Check if there are any firmware or driver updates available for your printer model. Sometimes, software bugs can cause false paper jam errors, and updating the firmware or drivers can resolve them. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the printer to its factory default settings. This will erase any customized settings you've configured but may resolve the issue.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer User Manual

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010, 9020 printers - Paper Jam error

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.