Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All-in-One Printer

After printing, the paper tray interlock is on and I can't add/change paper. I have to power off to change/add paper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Cruts ,

Thank you for performing the recommended steps, I see that it has not helped. 

This looks like a hardware issue. Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

More info: This has always been this way. Can someone confirm that this should/should  not be required: power off for add/change paper? Any theories?

HP Recommended

Hi @Cruts,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

If the paper tray interlock is on after printing and you can't add or change paper, it may indicate that the printer is in a locked state. Here's what you can do to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer: Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This may reset the paper tray interlock.

Check for any paper jams: Open the printer's access door and check for any paper jams or obstructions in the paper path. Clear any jams carefully.

Check the paper tray: Ensure that the paper tray is inserted correctly and that the paper guides are adjusted to fit the paper size.

Restart the printer: If the issue persists, try restarting the printer again. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor issues.

Update printer firmware/ drivers: Check for any firmware updates for your printer on the HP support website and follow the instructions to update the firmware. Firmware updates can sometimes fix bugs and improve printer performance.

Click here

Contact HP support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, there may be a hardware problem with the paper tray interlock mechanism. In this case, it's best to contact HP support for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I mispoke. Try this::
Every time I print and the printer is done, the paper tray interlock iis engaged so I can't add/change paper. I have to power off and on to change/add paper.

HP Recommended

Hi @Cruts ,

Thank you for performing the recommended steps, I see that it has not helped. 

This looks like a hardware issue. Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.