Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Tank MFP 2604sdw Printer

I have small paper jammed in my printer

I saw the video that helps with removing it but doesn't help and the small paper is still inside 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AtefMohamed,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If the video guide didn't resolve the issue, you might need to try a few other methods to clear the paper jam. Here's a step-by-step guide.

• Turn off the printer: Always start by turning off the printer and unplugging it from the power source to avoid any risk of electric shock.
  • Access the paper path: Open the printer cover and any other trays or compartments that provide access to the paper path where the jam occurred. Make sure to follow the HP instructions for your specific printer model.
  • Manually remove the paper: Carefully grasp the stuck paper and try to pull it out gently. Be cautious not to tear the paper, as it could leave behind small bits that might cause further issues.
  • Use a flashlight: Sometimes, it's helpful to use a flashlight to get a better view inside the printer and locate any small pieces of paper that might be difficult to see.
  • Check for any torn pieces: After removing the jammed paper, inspect the paper path thoroughly for any torn fragments. Even small pieces can cause future jams, so it's essential to remove them completely.
  • Clean the printer: Use a soft, dry cloth to clean any paper dust or debris from inside the printer. This helps prevent future jams and ensures smooth operation.
  • Power on the printer: Once you're confident that all the paper has been removed and the printer is clean, plug it back in and power it on. Test it by printing a test page to ensure everything is functioning correctly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.