Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw

Printer shows paper. I have followed  all instructions provided and cannot find any paper jam anywhere. Have powered printer

off and on still shows paper jam.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Robert-Turner_1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already taken some good troubleshooting steps. Here are a few more things you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check all paper trays and feed paths: Make sure to inspect every possible location where a small piece of paper could be stuck. This includes the input trays, the output tray, the duplexer (if your printer has one), and any access doors or panels.
  • Use a flashlight: Sometimes, paper jams can be difficult to spot, especially if they're in a dark corner of the printer. Using a flashlight can help you see more clearly and locate any hidden jams.
  • Manually move the carriage: If your printer has a carriage that moves along a track, try moving it back and forth manually to see if you can dislodge any stuck paper.
  • Check for foreign objects: In addition to paper jams, sometimes other objects like paper clips or staples can get stuck in the printer and cause issues. Make sure to check for any foreign objects that could be causing the problem.
  • Reset the printer: Try performing a hard reset of the printer by unplugging it from power for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes clear out any temporary issues that may be causing the paper jam error.
  • Update firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and install them if necessary. Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs or issues that may be causing the paper jam error.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.