Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro X576dw Multifunction Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am stuck on setup after factory resetting as my printer was freezing after every few minutes and the touchscreen would become un-responsive. Now after reset I am stuck on screen which says load paper in tray 2 while the tray if full with paper, I have checked there is no jamed paper inside roler. How can I skip this setup screen or get tray 2 to work ?

20240430_175724.jpg

20240430_175729.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Stranger4all,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP OfficeJet Pro printer is stuck on the setup screen despite tray 2 being full of paper and there are no paper jams, here are some steps you can try.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Paper Settings: Ensure that the paper size and type settings on tray 2 match the settings you've selected in the printer's control panel or printer software on your computer.
  • Reload Paper: Even though the tray appears to be full, try removing the paper and reloading it. Make sure the paper is properly aligned and not exceeding the maximum capacity.
  • Clean the Rollers: Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water to clean the rollers in tray 2. Dust and debris on the rollers can sometimes cause paper feed issues.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve bugs and improve performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.