Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The document feeder on my hp LaserJet Pro MFPM127fw stopped working. The error message says "Document feeder jam. Clear and reload." I have opened the top lid and inspected the rollers and find that there is not a paper jam, not even a small shred of paper blocking anything. Can this be fixed? If so, what do I do to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @BobVJr365,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to encounter that error message, especially when there doesn't seem to be an obvious cause. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue.

• Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a couple of minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes, a simple power cycle can resolve minor glitches.
  • Inspect Internally: Since you've already checked for visible paper jams, it's worth inspecting the internal components more closely. Use a flashlight to check for any tiny shreds of paper or debris that might be causing the issue. Also, ensure that there are no foreign objects obstructing the document feeder's operation.
  • Clean Rollers: Even if there's no visible jam, the rollers might be dirty or worn out, causing them to not grip the paper properly. Use a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with water (or isopropyl alcohol for tougher residues) to gently clean the rollers. Be sure to let them dry completely before using the printer again.
  • Reset the Printer: Some printers have a reset option in their settings menu. Try resetting the printer to its default settings to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model on the HP website. Sometimes, firmware updates include bug fixes that can address such issues.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and get your document feeder working again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, but none of the steps you mentioned fixed the issue.

You mentioned doing a reset. How do I do that? What are the instructions to reset the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.