Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie teaching myself Python and vpython as I need these to visualise some of my projects using Arduino and ESP32 micros.

The 'issue' I am having of my Python/vpython graphics lessons is that programs run like a wasp with a headache!

Before posting to the Python Help community, I'd like to know if I have a genuine issue between software and hardware of my new laptop.

From the lessons for example 'delta', as a variable used to reflect an incremental change through a While loop and rate() I have to significantly change to the lesson examples.

i.e. rate(lesson example) = 0.02         against    rate(my laptop) = 0.000002

I have found this through trial and error from when I run Python lesson programs trying to slow down the graphics that are moving an object e.g. bouncing a ball in an enclosed box. Additonally what happens is after about 10 to 15 secs the Graphics start to become slow and move in 'jumps' which points to something getting overloaded or memory swapping?

Has anyone met this ? or can offer me any advice ? I'm struggling to understand why standard Python/vpython programs are behaving this way as it's been quite torturous at times fathoming out what's going on!

Many thanks in advance.

DOH ......I think I just solved it....I unplugged the power connection and sure enough the graphics immediately slowed down and after 10secs started to move in 'jumps' rather than a smooth motion profile..........so...any ideas what I need to do when just on battery power alone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.