Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
e70, R30, Studio

Hi all, 

I'm doing a comprehensive report for work on all our Poly devices and their video functionality.  I have a few questions I've been trying to get confirmation, answers and/or clarity on, but through some heavy website scrubbing, I keep ending up with vague or conflicting information. Hoping there is someone out there who can help me gain absolute clarity and certainty with these questions. Thanks in advance.

1. Is DirectorAi just the term coined to encompass the technology, or is it an actual software application as well?

*I assume it's just the technology term as Poly Lens seems to be the go-to app, just want to confirm.

2. Is DirectorAi supported by all of the following 3 cameras? e70, R30 and the Poly Studio camera

3. I've seen the following terms listed on the Poly website in various locations, just want to confirm my understanding of them is correct. ..

A. Presenter Tracking, Speaker Tracking and Presenter Mode are all referring to the same mode? 

-- If the above is true, which of those terms is the most current and correct?

B. DirecorAi refers to only the following 3 modes: Speaker framing, group framing & people framing?

C. Are Conversation Mode and Presenter Tracking also part of DirectorAi? If so how do they fit into all 

this? are they available on all of the cameras? 

4. When connecting the e70 to the Poly Lens Software, I noticed that there are only 3 camera modes that appear in the drop-down for this device. (Group framing, speaker framing and people framing)
A. Are Presenter tracking and conversation mode available as well? If so, how do you activate them?

5. Which of these 3 cameras support which modes?

Speaker Framing - e70, R30?, Poly Studio?

Group Framing - e70, R30?, Poly Studio?

People Framing - e70, R30?, Poly Studio?

Presenter Tracking - e70, R30?, Poly Studio?

Conversation Mode - e70, R30?, Poly Studio?

*Bold items have been confirmed.

6. What's the difference between Poly Lens and Poly Companion?

A. Is Poly Lens a newer version of Poly Companion? 

B. Is Poly Companion still used? If so, on which of these 3 devices? (e70,r30, Studio)?

C. Can Poly Lens be used instead of Poly Companion to configural camera modes and update all firmware?

7. In a 2023 youtube video, I watched a tech walking through Poly Lens and under tracking mode, the following options were listed... Speaker, Group, Presenter and conversation mode. I assume these are all the same as the framing versions, but curious if there is a slight difference in these modes from when they are listed as -framing modes.

That's it for now. Thanks for any help or insight on these questions.
Apologies for the varied repetition.

---------

Updates!

From my research so far, here's what I BELEIVE to be correct. 

1. DirectorAi is the term for the ai smart camera technology of automatic tracking and framing that Poly cameras now feature. 

2. Poly lens is the most recent and current software used to configure and update firmware for all Poly cameras. Previously it was Poly Companion, which was replaced in 2022 by Poly Lens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've had good luck getting sales questions answered in the past here: https://www.poly.com/us/en/company/contact/sales

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @User_19012024 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

I would suggest you work with a Poly reseller and/or Poly sales contact on this if no other volunteer replies.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

Thank you for the response. However, that is not an option for me as work for a very large government entity with a multi-tiered approval structure which makes it an almost impossible to task to get the right account info to connect with a specific Poly rep. 

That being said, the clarification I'm looking for is general information on the functionality of the products listed on your website. Therefore, I would imagine the folks at Poly would welcome the opportunity for any potential Poly Client to have easy access to this information and clarification.

HP Recommended

Hello @User_19012024 

people in this community are mostly volunteers or enthusiasts. There may be some support engineers but the ask is simply too large for me to imagine anyone will reply.

If this is a large government organization I can only assume an HP Poly sales engineer would be happy to assist.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've had good luck getting sales questions answered in the past here: https://www.poly.com/us/en/company/contact/sales

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. I made a few calls, still haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. 

But I appreciate the effort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.