Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC 15-eh2000 (4V3L6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

i have installed windows in my computer as it got crashed after installing the new windows the wifi adpater/driver got dispappeared or isnt present in pc how can i install it in pc

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Irfan___ 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the wifi adaptor missing. 

To install the Wi-Fi adapter driver on your HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC 15-Eh2000 after reinstalling Windows, you can follow these steps:

Use Ethernet or USB Tethering: If you have access to a wired Ethernet connection or a smartphone with USB tethering capability, connect your laptop to the internet using one of these methods. This will allow you to download the necessary drivers.

Download Drivers: Visit the HP support website on another device and go to the driver download section for your laptop model. Look for the Wi-Fi or wireless network driver for your specific operating system (Windows 10 or Windows 11). Download the driver and save it to a USB drive.

Install the Driver:

• Insert the USB drive into your laptop.
  • Open Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the menu.
  • Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark or labeled as Network Controller or Unknown Device.
  • Right-click on the device and select Update driver.
  • Choose "Browse my computer for drivers" and navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded driver.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

Enable Wi-Fi: Once the driver is installed, restart your laptop. Press the Wi-Fi button (usually located on the keyboard or the side of the laptop) or use the keyboard shortcut (often Fn + F3 or similar) to enable Wi-Fi.

Connect to a Network: After enabling Wi-Fi, click on the network icon in the taskbar and select a Wi-Fi network to connect to.

If you encounter any difficulties or the driver installation fails, you can try using HP's Support Assistant (if available on your laptop) or contact HP phone support, they will help you via remote assistance. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.