Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavillon x386 14-ek0, connected a wired network using a dock usb-c. My problem is that the speed i can get is no more than 145Mb. With a lenovo laptop I can get 450Mb. 

Is there any configuration to do?

regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LS34C652UAUXEN,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When experiencing low network speeds on your HP Pavilion x360 14-ek0 while using a USB-C dock, there are several factors and configurations to check that could help resolve the issue:

USB-C Dock Specifications: Verify the specifications of your USB-C dock. Ensure that it supports high-speed data transmission. Some docks may have limitations on the Ethernet port speed, which could be causing the slowdown.

Driver Updates: Check for the latest drivers for both the USB-C dock and your laptop's network adapters. Outdated drivers can often limit the performance of network devices.

Ethernet Cable Quality: Make sure you're using a good quality Ethernet cable that supports higher speeds, such as Cat 5e, Cat 6, or higher.

Network Configuration:

• Speed & Duplex Settings: Go to the Network Adapter settings on your HP laptop and ensure that the Speed & Duplex setting is set to "Auto Negotiation". This allows the network card to automatically select the highest supported speed.
  • Check for Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) settings: Sometimes, disabling this can improve speed, as it can throttle the connection to save power.

USB Port Type: Ensure that the dock is connected to a USB-C port on your laptop that supports USB 3.0 or higher, as some USB-C ports might only support USB 2.0 speeds, especially if they are also used for charging.

Background Processes: Check if there are any background processes in your laptop that might be using network bandwidth or system resources extensively.

Try a Different Dock or Adapter: If possible, try a different dock or a direct USB-C to Ethernet adapter to see if the issue is with the dock.

Compare Network Settings with Lenovo Laptop: Since the Lenovo laptop achieves higher speeds, comparing the network adapter settings between the two could provide insights. Look for differences in configuration that might explain the discrepancy in speeds.

Operating System and Software Configuration: Sometimes, system updates or specific software configurations (like VPNs or firewalls) can affect network performance. Ensure your operating system is up to date and temporarily disable any VPNs or firewalls to test if they are impacting speed.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your coments. So the problem is that checking the settings with my HP laptop and a Lenovo laptop.  With lenovo laptop the speed is 3 times higher than hp.

And another question I have is whether there is a switch setting on my Pavillon x386 14 when swich on my monitor. I connected the laptop with a USB C cable. Greetings

HP Recommended

Hi @LS34C652UAUXEN ,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.