Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp inkjet 410 series

My HP printer test print but not the files.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had the same issue but it was with a laserjet 1102w. It would print the test but not the docs even when switched from wireless to USB. However I took out the toner carttridge and shook it up, return and it worked. I also have a Photosmart C410 inkjet but don't know if removing ink and re-installing would work.

HP Recommended

Hi @SANDEEP201,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the communication between your computer and the HP Inkjet 410 Series printer, specifically when printing files. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer via USB cable or network connection, depending on how it's set up.

Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve communication issues. Turn off both your printer and your computer, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on.

Printer Driver Update: Make sure you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. You can download the drivers from the HP website and install them.

Printer Settings: Check the printer settings on your computer to ensure that the HP Inkjet 410 Series printer is selected as the default printer and that there are no print jobs stuck in the print queue.

File Format and Software Compatibility: Ensure that the files you are trying to print are in a compatible format (such as PDF, Word, or image formats) and that the software you're using to open/print them supports the printer.

Clear Print Spooler: Sometimes, the print spooler on your computer can get stuck, causing printing issues. You can try clearing the print spooler by opening the Services app, locating the Print Spooler service, and restarting it.

Check for Error Messages: If you're getting any error messages when trying to print files, take note of them as they can provide clues about what might be causing the issue.

Test with Different Files: Try printing different files to see if the issue is specific to certain files or if it persists across all files.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.