Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I want to replace my 2.4Ghz wifi card with a 5GHz card. Which card should I buy?

Notebook Model = HP 15 G004NT

2.4Ghz wifi card model = Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You won't be able to upgrade the Wi-Fi card unless your notebook has two antenna wires connected to the Atheros Wi-Fi card currently installed and I do not believe that there are.

Open up your notebook and see how many antenna wires are connected to the Wi-Fi card.

If there are two antenna wires, you should be able to upgrade to this model Wi-Fi card:

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part #  724935-001

Below is the link to the service manual:

HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCHP 15 Notebook PCCompaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCCompaq 15 Notebook PC M...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. Yes, there is currently only 1 antenna cable. I should buy a dual antenna. Which antenna do you recommend I buy?

Note: this wifi card is very expensive in my country. Can you recommend another card?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can get the Broadcom card on Ali Express pretty inexpensively.

The HP model is 18.67 Euros.  It is the second illustration of the 4.

AzureWave AW-CE123H BCM4352 bcm9494hmb yarım Mini PCIe pci-express 802.11AC 867Mbps kablosuz WIFI WL...

The antenna kit part number is listed in chapter 3 of the service manual.

Antennas (includes wireless antenna cables and transceivers)
For use in models without a touch screen     749638-001
For use in models with a touch screen            774163-001

One of those kits will probably be very hard to find.

Your only other option would be to get a generic U.fl antenna wire.

HP Pavilion Inverted-F Type Wireless WiFi Antenna Cable 504993-001 | eBay

A M.2 Wi-Fi antenna wire is too thin and uses a smaller connector than what your notebook needs, so be very careful you don't buy the wrong one.

The only dual band cards your notebook will support is the one I posted or the Broadcom dual band N card which will probably cost almost as much as the AC card.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

Since your notebook has an AMD processor, the Intel 7260/3160 HMC form factor cards won't work.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help. I decided to wait a little longer. Prices are too high for me.

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

HP Recommended

Hello again. I found this card. But it says it is not compatible for HP.

BCM943228HMB WiFi kartı ağ kartı çift bant 300Mbps Bluetooth4.0 802.11A/B/G/N Mini PCI-E dizüstü WLAN adaptörü
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJF1MCB

HP Recommended

If you get one with the HP part number on it the card should work.

I see some in the illustrations under the main picture.

HP Recommended

Yes. The HP part number appears on the product. HP P/N : 666914-001. The seller says it is not suitable. I guess I won't be able to solve this problem.

HP Recommended

It should work fine. 

The seller is wrong. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.