Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, there is a subject I am curious about, please enlighten me. When I bought this computer, it said it had a 144 hz screen. I never opened it and looked at it, I guess it was automatically 144. I've been using it for 2.5 years or so and I just learned that we have to fix it ourselves (yes, I realize it's a little late.) Anyway, when I opened the settings and looked at it, I saw that it was 40 hz and 60 hz. But when I bought the laptop, I bought it as 144? What could be the reason for this? Did Hp forget to make this computer 144 or could I have been scammed? Or could it be that it doesn't show up because there is a problem in the settings? What is the reason for this and how should I proceed? Moreover, the device that hp shows that it recognizes (HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z7AV)) and the devices that it shows under warranty (HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2002nt (4G8Q0EA) I bought the product with this name) are different? Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance and I am sorry that you have to deal with a problem like this.

I hope you can get some kind of refund for the seller's mistake.

You have a good day too!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs your notebook came with a 60 Hz display.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2002nt Product Specifications | HP® Support

Models that came with the 144 Hz display would have had that feature listed with the rest of the display specs.

Here is a 15-dk2000 model sold in India that has the 144 Hz display as indicated in the product specs.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2096TX Product Specifications | HP® Support

To confirm this, enter your notebook's serial number in the search window at the link below and it should provide the part number of the display panel.

HP PartSurfer

The part number for the 144 Hz display is 

M10794-001
LCD RAW PANEL 15.6'INCH FHD UWVA250144Hz

Your notebook probably has this display part number:

L56917-001
LCD RAW PANEL15.6 FHD 250 slim

HP Recommended

Thank you, The seller I bought it from sold it to me as 144hz. I keep the invoice and SS. What do you think I should do in this situation? I am a student. Should I complain to the consumer rights? Because I bought this product as 144hz. Then the guy sold hp's product with the wrong label? Please help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP.

I would definitely complain to your consumer rights bureau.

First see if you can get the part number of the display from the parts list for your notebook's serial number so you can prove that it only has a 60 Hz display.

HP Recommended

First I sent an e-mail to the seller himself, maybe he will admit his mistake and make amends. If I don't get a proper response, I will definitely complain to consumer rights. Thank you for your help and have a good day.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance and I am sorry that you have to deal with a problem like this.

I hope you can get some kind of refund for the seller's mistake.

You have a good day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.