Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-dh1011tu
Microsoft Windows 11
My laptop turns off when I tilt the laptop screen. If any shock of slight movement suddenly turns off the laptop even when battery is charged. 
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ezazahmed,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

If your HP Pavilion x360 laptop turns off when moved or tilted, it's likely a hardware issue that needs to be addressed. Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and potentially resolve the problem:

Check for Loose Connections:

• Ensure that all the internal components of your laptop, including the battery, RAM, hard drive, and other connections, are securely in place. A loose connection can cause the laptop to power off unexpectedly when moved.

Battery Connection:

• Make sure the battery is properly seated in its slot. If it's loose or not making good contact, it can cause the laptop to power off.

Overheating:

• Overheating can also cause a laptop to shut down. Check if the laptop is getting too hot when it's moved or tilted. Dust and debris can accumulate inside the laptop, causing it to overheat. Use compressed air to clean the vents and fans.

Faulty Power Button:

• A faulty power button could be the culprit. If the power button is loose or not functioning correctly, it can lead to unexpected shutdowns. If you suspect this, you may need to have it repaired or replaced.

Battery Issues:

• The laptop's battery might be faulty. Try using the laptop with the battery removed while connected to AC power to see if it still powers off when moved.

Internal Damage:

• It's possible that there is internal damage to the motherboard or other components of the laptop. If this is the case, you may need to contact HP support or take the laptop to a professional technician for diagnosis and repair.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Elohi_NR ,
Thanks for replying. I check the diagnose steps you provided. Among all, laptop has overheating issue. With 3-4 apps open, cpu temps rise to 75-80 C. I checked the vents and fan, its clean inside but still it overheats with 20-30% cpu usage.

I am not sure if there is any internal damage, since the laptop was rarely used earlier.

But how can I fix overheating issue? are there any tools for controlling fan speed for my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi @ezazahmed,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.