Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook ENVY-15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All:

I am using Office16 in my w10.  As usual open the WORD and type TEXT 

on the page. The color of the TEXT is Red. 

I select the TEXT and open the "font color" button A to choose different

color, But the TEXT remain the same: Red.

Why the color of the TEXT can't be changed? Could you help me?  --Zhao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not aware of a "High Contrast" mode in Office applications, so I assume you're using that ease of access feature in Windows itself? You can change the display colors for high contrast mode by choosing a different theme. Depending on your version of Windows the steps might vary, but try going into the Ease of Access center, select High Contrast, click Choose a High Contrast theme, and try a different theme that will hopefully not use red as the default color for text in Word.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Zhao,

Is the red text also underlined? I wonder if the "Track Changes" feature might be enabled. This is an editing function that highlights all newly-typed text in red, to keep track of document edits.

In the Word toolbar, click Review, then click Track Changes to disable the function (if it was enabled). Hopefully that will fix it!

I am an HP employee.
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Peacelily:

Unfortunitely the way you introduced has no effect.

Actually the Red color is the automatic color. If I go to "High Contrast" and change the Red to Black,

then the TEXT will be alway Black.

Could you tell me any other method?        --Zhao

HP Recommended

I'm not aware of a "High Contrast" mode in Office applications, so I assume you're using that ease of access feature in Windows itself? You can change the display colors for high contrast mode by choosing a different theme. Depending on your version of Windows the steps might vary, but try going into the Ease of Access center, select High Contrast, click Choose a High Contrast theme, and try a different theme that will hopefully not use red as the default color for text in Word.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Peacelily:

You replied me two times, it had taken you time and efforts.

You know the Office 365 I am using is nothing but trial version. 

thinking  that it is so trouble, I'd like to discard it!

I have old office version Office2007. I had used it for many years and did not

feel any bad. 

I hope you could tell me, if I install Office2007 into w10, what will happen.

-- Zhao

HP Recommended

Hi Zhao,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to figure out a solution for the issue you were having with Office 365. But yes, Office 2007 is compatible with Windows 10 (see this answer about Office compatibility from Microsoft). If you're happy with the 2007 version that sounds like a good plan!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Peacelily:

I have  uninstalled the aweful Office 365 and installed my old Office 2007.  This one

is old but works nothing bad.

Thanks all the help you have given.                -- Zhao

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.