Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dk0032nw
I received a laptop from a friend who suddenly displayed a blue DRIVER PNP WATCHDOGS screen. 
I know a lot about computers, but this laptop was beyond my capabilities. Problems: - The system is unable to load. Blue screen after a long time. (DRIVER PNP WATCHDOGS) - ubs with windows or windows revorcery is unable to boot, blue screen (DRIVER PNP WATCHDOGS).
I tested 3 pendrives. here, note ubuntu works and starts!!!!. - recovery mode is unable to start, blue screen (DRIVER PNP WATCHDOGS). What I did: - diagnostics of everything. It only shows a problem with the power supply or battery.
it is possible that the power supply is not original. everything else is ok, I tested for 10 hours. - I updated the bios version to f.71 - I am unable to enable advanced options in bios. probably blocked :( I'm asking for any help, is the laptop going to the trash or is there something I can do, e.g. change
the disk and maybe then Windows will run with the pendrive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Xele ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Xele ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've been thorough in troubleshooting the issue with your HP laptop. The DRIVER PNP WATCHDOGS error typically indicates a problem with a driver, hardware, or software conflict that's causing the system to crash.

Since you've already tried several steps, here are a few more things you could consider:

• Check for faulty hardware: Since you mentioned that the diagnostics only showed a problem with the power supply or battery, consider testing these components individually or replacing them if possible to rule out any hardware issues.
  • Check for incompatible drivers: Even though you updated the BIOS, there may still be incompatible drivers causing the issue. Try booting into Safe Mode (if possible) and uninstalling any recently installed drivers or software that might be causing conflicts.
  • Reinstall Windows: If you have access to another computer, try creating a bootable USB drive with a fresh copy of Windows and attempt to reinstall it on the problematic laptop. Make sure to format the disk during the installation process to ensure a clean installation.
  • Check for BIOS settings: Although you mentioned you couldn't enable advanced options in the BIOS, double-check if there are any settings related to power management or device configuration that might be causing issues.
  • Consider replacing the hard drive: If all else fails, it's possible that the hard drive itself is causing the issue. Replacing it with a new one and reinstalling Windows might resolve the problem.

Refer to this document: HP Laptop 14-dk0xxx  User manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended
I've tried everything regarding safe mode, etc., but I can't turn it on. 
everything related to windows 10, i.e. the console. recovery etc is unable to start.
I have several computers, so I will try to swap the drives and see if the system will
boot with a different drive. I thought it would be possible to solve the problem
without disassembling the laptop. As for the bios, it is so limited that it might not exist.
Don't do that anymore because for me HP laptops are now out of the question.
HP Recommended

Hi @Xele ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

I solved the problem by installing Windows 10 in a clean version. without drivers. without wifi touchpad etc. this version can only be found on the internet. apparently some driver is causing the error. I will now install the drivers manually and see what happens

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.