Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone !

On my Probook 650 G4, i deleted accidentally the EFI partition in my SSD.  Following this link [content edited], I  recreate it succesfully but  when i reboot, i get a bios message titled "GPT Recovery"  : ' HDD GPT was found corruped and has been recovered automatically. No further action is required' with Enter Button and a Countdown timer. I haven't yet tap the button, and the already created EFI partition is removed again and no acces to my OS.

Please help me to resolve that issue.

Thanx !

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If only the boot files are corrupted, and you have a USB stick and you are willing to do some work, you can create Boot Repair media using a working PC.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) Free -- this is a Trial version but should suffice for this
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!
d) If needed, select the option to repair the Windows Boot

The PC should now reboot without problems. IF it still has problems, there are other issues at play.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank u for r replying !

Iwill try with that soft...But isn't it a problem of Bios settings ? I'm feeling lost with hp Bios. Many problems i had before are from that settings:.some times changes are saved some times no  !! when secure boot enabled, it doesn't boot from bootable devices.. Please! if there are any docs about hp bios, let me know!

HP Recommended

When Secure Boot is enabled, no external devices will boot -- that is by design.

Here's an HP Video on understanding the BIOS setup utility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Pt-10BScU

HP Recommended

Hi !

I tried that that soft and it doesn't work for me yet. i created a bootable usb in win7, it boots but no solution.. May be i must create it using the same version of Windows as in the installed on my ssd.

I tried to install a new Windows in a free partition; it was done successfully, but after reboot the same message " GPT Recovery" appears at boot and return to zero again.

as i said before, i think  it it some bios settings I have to do to prevent that GPT recover from reproducing .....  But which ones ???!!!

My Bios is different about what they present on the movie... May be it helps , mine is a Q83 Ver 01.26.00

Please, Help me to find a solution for that issue !

ThnxGPT Recovery.jpg

HP Recommended

Sorry, but without hands-on access to your PC, I have no idea what BIOS settings to change.

HP Recommended

My Bios is the same as in this video ... What's that TPM in security and what it does exactly ?

HP Recommended

TPM Security is where you set Secure Boot.  That prevents boot sector viruses by not seeing anything to boot from but the internal drive.  That prevents booting from external devices including DVD/CD drives, external drives, and USB sticks. It has to be enabled to install Windows 11.

I have mine disabled and have never had a boot sector virus -- but I also boot from USB sticks regularly, so I need it turned off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.