Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-xf0000 (758R3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

hello, my battery wear changes drastically and suddenly. Several software, cmd commands, and hp hardware diagnostics have the same results.
I have an 83k mWh battery (design capacity) and my full charge capacity (wear level) oscillates between 20% (60k mWh; even though I bought it 4 months ago) and even -2% (84,500 mWh)
I don't know if this is normal, every day more than 10% wear changes
Plz help me 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Max356,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some unusual behavior with your laptop battery. Rapid fluctuations in reported wear level can be concerning, especially if they're happening frequently. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check for Updates: Make sure your operating system and all relevant drivers are up to date. Sometimes, software glitches can cause incorrect readings.

Calibration: Try calibrating your battery. This involves fully charging it, then discharging it until it's nearly empty, and then fully charging it again. This process can sometimes help reset the battery management system and improve accuracy.

Reset Battery Settings: Some laptops allow you to reset the battery settings through the BIOS or firmware settings. Check your laptop's manual or support documentation to see if this option is available.

Physical Inspection: Inspect the battery physically for any signs of damage or swelling. If you notice any abnormalities, such as bulging or leakage, stop using the battery immediately and replace it.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Max356,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some unusual behavior with your laptop battery. Rapid fluctuations in reported wear level can be concerning, especially if they're happening frequently. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check for Updates: Make sure your operating system and all relevant drivers are up to date. Sometimes, software glitches can cause incorrect readings.

Calibration: Try calibrating your battery. This involves fully charging it, then discharging it until it's nearly empty, and then fully charging it again. This process can sometimes help reset the battery management system and improve accuracy.

Reset Battery Settings: Some laptops allow you to reset the battery settings through the BIOS or firmware settings. Check your laptop's manual or support documentation to see if this option is available.

Physical Inspection: Inspect the battery physically for any signs of damage or swelling. If you notice any abnormalities, such as bulging or leakage, stop using the battery immediately and replace it.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.