Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb1000 (7Y8M8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just got a new victus pc and i noticed the omen gaming hub only has 3 performance options, eco, quiet and default. i believe there's also one on performance but can't seem to find it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It seems like you're looking for additional performance options in the Omen Gaming Hub on your new Victus laptop. Here are some steps you can take to locate the performance options:

Check for Updates: Ensure that your Omen Gaming Hub software is up to date. Sometimes, performance options or features are added or updated through software updates.

Explore Settings: Within the Omen Gaming Hub, navigate through different sections or settings menus to see if there are additional performance options hidden or located in a different section.

Look for Customization Options: Some laptops allow users to customize performance profiles or create their own profiles within the gaming software. Check if there's an option to customize performance settings or create custom profiles.

Consult User Manual or Support: Refer to the user manual provided with your Victus laptop or visit the HP support website for guidance on navigating the Omen Gaming Hub and accessing performance options specific to your model.

Contact Customer Support: If you're still unable to locate the additional performance options, reach out to HP customer support for assistance. They may be able to provide guidance or troubleshoot any issues you're experiencing with the Omen Gaming Hub software.

By following these steps, you should be able to explore and access the full range of performance options available through the Omen Gaming Hub on your Victus gaming laptop. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

HP Recommended

I've done all the tinkering i can, even when i try to create a high/ultimate performance power plan in control panel the system doesn't save it. it appears there are some models of the victus that don't support performance mode.

HP Recommended

On HP Omen gaming PCs and laptops, the Omen Gaming Hub software typically offers four performance modes:

1. Default Mode
  2. Quiet Mode
  3. Performance Mode
  4. Eco Mode

If you are not seeing the Performance Mode option in the Omen Gaming Hub on your new Victus PC, there could be a few possible reasons:

• Software Version: Ensure you have the latest version of the Omen Gaming Hub installed. Sometimes new performance modes are added in software updates.

• Hardware Limitation: The Victus line may have slightly different performance mode options compared to the higher-end Omen models. Performance mode is sometimes reserved for more powerful CPU/GPU configurations.

• User Permission: Check if you have the required user permissions to access all performance mode options. Some OEMs limit certain modes for non-admin users.

• Power Plan Integration: On some PCs, the performance modes are integrated into the Windows Power Plans rather than the Omen Gaming Hub itself. Check your Power Plan settings.

You can try a few things to see if the Performance Mode appears:

1. Update the Omen Gaming Hub and all drivers to the latest versions from HP Support.
  2. Run the Omen Gaming Hub software as an administrator.
  3. Check the Power Plan settings and look for a "Performance" option there.
  4. Contact HP Support to inquire if the Performance Mode is available for your specific Victus model.

It's possible the Victus line was designed with a focus on the other three modes to balance performance and thermals for its hardware configuration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.