Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)

My laptop's fan doesnt work, and it overheats, severly lowering performance to the point of 10 fps. I got the black screen warning but i cannot fix it. I have gotten my laptop cleaned and lowered to windows 10(so reset) but it still doesnt work properly.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Don't know why you think switching from Win11 to Win10 will fix a fan issue -- as I run both on my primary desktop and see no performance or resource usage gain from going to Win10 instead of Win11.

If the fan just plain does not work, as you claim, your only solution is to have it replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

But the person who cleaned it indeed said that the fans are not damaged. I am wondering if there is some kind of software issue.

HP Recommended

Are the fans simply not working?

HP Recommended

The fans work, but they just stop spinning sometimes.

HP Recommended

The fans are controlled automatically and I know of no way to set the speed manually.  There is an app known as Fan Speed, but it is only for monitoring fan speeds, not for setting them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.