Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
17-app003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So I just bought the HP Omen X 17-ap003na, and what a beauty it is.
My girlfriend treated me to the backpack for it, the Omen 17.3 gaming backpack, product K5Q003AA#ABB as an early birthday gift.

Trouble is, the laptop doesn't fit in it. It's not even close! It's listed on HP's UK store as one of the compatible devices but this just won't go in, not a chance in hell.

I've told customer support and they're looking into it (it shouldn't be listed as an "accessory" for this laptop or have the model as a compatible item really).

So that's being dealt with, hopefully... So my question is, can anyone recommend a laptop bag/case that will fit this monster?

Or has anyone managed to break the laws of physics and actually get this laptop into this case, and if so please explain how because I've tried countless times thinking perhaps I'm doing something wrong and it just won't get anywhere close!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Old_geekster, the point is that the information is wrong, IT DOES NOT FIT. Saying "this product page says it fits" is not helpful.
And I already contacted Customer Support. My question was, can anyone recommend an alternative. Did you actually bother reading my post or were you just soooo keen to get on and "help"?

HP support have contacted me, and they are looking into it as a priority. It seems this backpack was designed for the old Omen 17.3 laptop and nobody bothered checking if this new model fits. They just tied it all up in the website and went home for tea.

Hudson0804, I went for the Socko 18.4 Inch Laptop Backpack. The Omen X fits the laptop compartment like a glove, it is a perfect fit.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Ungruntled, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the Backpack.  Also, here is the Product Specifications page for the Omen laptop.  If you have the appropriate Backpack it appears that the laptop should fit.  Make certain that it is the correct Backpack.  If it is you should contact HP Customer Support for help.  This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi.  I am in the same boat.  17.3 Omen purchased with the 17.3 OMEN CASE as recommended by HP and it doesnt fit.  Disapointed that we've not seen any sort of feedback form HP on this.

Out of interest, what bag di dyou go for in the end?

TIA

H

HP Recommended
Old_geekster, the point is that the information is wrong, IT DOES NOT FIT. Saying "this product page says it fits" is not helpful.
And I already contacted Customer Support. My question was, can anyone recommend an alternative. Did you actually bother reading my post or were you just soooo keen to get on and "help"?

HP support have contacted me, and they are looking into it as a priority. It seems this backpack was designed for the old Omen 17.3 laptop and nobody bothered checking if this new model fits. They just tied it all up in the website and went home for tea.

Hudson0804, I went for the Socko 18.4 Inch Laptop Backpack. The Omen X fits the laptop compartment like a glove, it is a perfect fit.
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  

I'm assuming that the socko had no issues fitting the laptop, power brick and say a mous ein there too?

I'm only using it for transport on flights etc.  

Thanks again.

H

HP Recommended
There's plenty of room in the Socko for all that and more. What I can't say is if it's going to be allowed on as hand luggage as it is pretty big and I'm not a frequent flyer. The Amazon review pages might hold the answer.
But there is plenty of room in there for accessories.
HP Recommended

Thank you again for being so prompt.  

I've just checke don amazon and the dimensions are almost exactly th elimit for carry on for my airline.

55x40x19CM - listed size on amaozn.

55 cm/22" Width: 40 cm/16" Depth: 23 cm/9" - SAS allowance.

Thank you again, I've just placed an order.

HP Recommended

Just wnated to feedback on this.  The case is AWESOME, i can fit my laptop in there, my tablet, a mouse, a TKL keyboard, headphones and still have room for more.

Recommened.  

HP Recommended

Seven months later and its still the same, the backpack recommended in the accessories for my Omen 17t laptop does not fit either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.