Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-cm2000 (70W98AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought an OMEN laptop a little more than 1 month ago and have been having problems with the touchpad.  The left side of the touchpad intermittently stops responding.  It becomes unresponsive to touch, tap, and clicks.  The problem has been occurring once per day over the past week but over the past couple of days it has begun to occur multiple times per day.

I have insured all of my drivers are up to date and I have the latest BIOS.  None of those updates has fixed the problem.  This is really an unacceptable problem for such an expensive laptop.  I noticed through my research on the problem that it has been a persistent problem since 2022.  Help me out HP, I like the laptop otherwise but this is a major problem as I have to shutdown the laptop multiple times in order to get the touchpad working again and I am losing considerable time having to do so.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @eFLL,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It's frustrating when a new laptop has issues, especially with something as essential as the touchpad. Since you've already taken the initial troubleshooting steps by updating drivers and the BIOS, it's time to explore other potential solutions.

In the meantime, you can try a few more things to see if they alleviate the problem temporarily.

1. Restart the laptop: I know it's not ideal, but if restarting temporarily fixes the issue, it could be a software glitch that needs a reboot to clear.
  2. Check touchpad settings: Sometimes, touchpad sensitivity settings or gestures can cause issues. Try adjusting these settings in your laptop's control panel or settings menu.
  3. External mouse: If possible, try using an external mouse to see if the issue persists. This could help determine if the problem is with the touchpad hardware or software.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have the same laptop with the same buggy touchpad. Suggesting that users of premium HP laptops use an external mouse is not helpful.

(note, a support issue was opened with HP but, it remains unresolved)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.