Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-190nz

Dear beloved community,

What makes more sense:

Upgrade my current OMEN 880-190nz (total costs: ~$ 1700.00) with following replacement's (see below)

or build a complete new Gaming Desk own built with USD 1700.00

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 9900K 9th. Gen. (Okta-Core @3.60GHz) Intel UHD Graphics 630 Max. RAM: 64 GB DDR4, 2666MHz +

GPU: 
ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 Super OC

12 GB  +

Memory: Crucial DDR4 ECC UDIMM 1Rx8 3200Mhz 4 x 16 GB RAM +

PSU: 650 Watt EVGA Super Nova 650 G5 +

Harddisk: 
NVME SSD: Kingston KC3000

4096 GB, M.2 2280

What makes more sense in your expert opinion?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Zakkar

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Zakkar 

I thought your PC was a 880-001nx per this HP Forum thread.

Do a new PC if you are going to spend around $1700.00.

I suggest you buy a prebuilt PC because some of your component selections are incompatible.

Regards

HP Recommended

No it is no.

I decided to sell my Asus ROG Flow X13 + OMEN and buy this buiit…

IMG_1319.png

HP Recommended

IMG_1319.png

 yes I will sell my Asus ROG Flow x13 2023 and the OMEN to buy this built.

for how much I shall sell my OMEN?

HP Recommended

Hi @Zakkar 

The new system looks good.

Check eBay or similar sites for PCs similar to yours to see typical reseller prices.

Then price your PC accordingly.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Bill_To

You told me in the other Forum Thread apperantly wrong things related to my HP OMEN upgrade questions...

NonSequitter777 User told me I guess the correct way...

Why you told me inorrect informations about upgrading?

See this Forum Thread 

HP Recommended

Hi again,

If I can sell my things and gain enough money I will buy this built! (Costs USD 3700.00)

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-28 um 15.56.36.png

HP Recommended

Hi @Zakkar 

You told me your PC was a 880-001nx at this Link.

HP specs for a 880-001nx at this Site clearly state this PC's MB (Tampa) supports Intel 7000 series CPUs only. Please carefully review all Tampa MB specs at this Site.

An Intel 9900K processor will fit in the Tampa MB's (LGA 1151) socket but the CPU may not work with the Z270 MB. This is a complicated issue which also revolves around how Intel modified power delivery in the LGA 1151 CPU socket 300 series MBs to accommodate the 9900K. I did not want to get into all the nitty gritty stuff.

I don't know what info you provided to @NonSequitur777 but in this current thread you are now telling the Forum your PC is a 880-190nz.

The 880-190nz, which has the Tampa2 MB, would support an Intel 9900K. 

So, both NonSequitor777 and I are giving you correct information using the product number you have provided to each of us.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.