Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My mouse and keyboard is not working all of a sudden on my hp omen 25l gaming desktop 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sureal,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

That sounds frustrating! Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can get your mouse and keyboard working again.

• Check the connections: Ensure that both your mouse and keyboard are properly connected to the USB ports on your HP Omen 25L gaming desktop. Sometimes, connections can become loose, especially if you've recently moved your computer or if the cables are old.
  • Try different USB ports: Plug your mouse and keyboard into different USB ports on your computer. Sometimes, a particular USB port might be malfunctioning, and switching ports can resolve the issue.
  • Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix many software-related issues. Restart your computer and see if your mouse and keyboard start working again.
  • Check for driver updates: Go to the HP website and check if there are any driver updates available for your computer. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with your peripherals.
  • Check for Windows updates: Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Windows updates often include bug fixes and patches that can resolve hardware compatibility issues.
  • Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue with either your mouse, keyboard, or USB ports. Try using a different mouse and keyboard to see if they work. If they do, then the issue likely lies with your original mouse and keyboard. 

Try these steps and let me know if any of them help resolve the issue!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.