Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My gpu is doing well on all games but i have the sam problem in all games that suddenly my gpu utilisation becomes low and the fps becomes 12,15 and after sometime it goes to fps 100,110.i have checked everything power supply,gpu version update ,display update,bios update,windows 11 update,battery max performance, registery editor game dvd turn off ,etc everything i checked but it keep on happening on my lap i have hp pavilion -15 ec ,etx 3050 nvidia,ryzen 7 5000 series ,16 gb ram , 512 gb storage and a average 150 free space in it.everything is well but the fps shutter is keep on happening.gpu heat also upto to a medium level not over heat 60°-70° and audio driver max update level.I want to fix my lap is 2 years old i have change the cooling fan a new fan in hp showroom.it works well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Prakash562006,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, which is great. Let's see if we can narrow down the issue further.

• Temperature Monitoring: You mentioned your GPU temperature is within normal range, which is good. But just to be sure, monitor both CPU and GPU temperatures using software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner while gaming. Sudden drops in performance could sometimes be due to thermal throttling.
  • Background Processes: Check if any background processes are consuming CPU or disk resources while gaming. Sometimes, antivirus scans or system updates can cause performance drops. You can use Task Manager to monitor these processes.
  • Power Settings: Ensure that your power settings are optimized for performance. Set your power plan to "High Performance" mode and disable any power-saving features that might interfere with performance.
  • Driver Issues: While you mentioned updating GPU drivers, sometimes the latest drivers might not be the most stable for your system. Try rolling back to a previous version of the GPU driver to see if that resolves the issue.
  • BIOS Settings: Check if there are any BIOS settings related to power management or CPU/GPU performance that could be tweaked for better performance.
  • Hardware Tests: Run hardware diagnostic tests to check for any potential hardware failures. HP provides diagnostic tools that can help identify issues with components like the GPU, CPU, RAM, etc.
  • Windows Updates: While you mentioned updating to Windows 11, sometimes new updates can introduce compatibility issues. Make sure all updates, including optional ones, are installed. Alternatively, consider rolling back to a previous version of Windows to see if the issue persists.
  • Game Settings: Ensure that your in-game settings are optimized for performance. Lower graphics settings or resolution to see if that helps stabilize the FPS.
  • Clean Installation of GPU Drivers: Sometimes, remnants of old drivers can cause conflicts. Uninstall your GPU drivers completely using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and then perform a clean installation of the latest drivers.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to narrow down the cause of the issue and hopefully resolve it.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.